You've received a communication asking for your input and now it's time to share your thoughts. This article shows you how to respond to a communication and also covers some important distinctions for replying to a message versus replying to a note, task, or ticket.
Reply to a Communication
- Open the communication you would like to reply to.
- Click Reply all below the comment string.
- Recipients (optional): Add or remove recipients.
- Enter your text.
- Click Send.
Important: Who can see my reply?
- In Messages, users will only be able to see the replies for which they are listed as a recipient.
- In Notes, Tasks, and Tickets, all comments will be visible to all recipients, even if a comment is directed toward a specific user (see below for more info).
Reply to a Specific Comment Within a Communication
Note: This is an option for Notes and Tasks only.
For Notes, Tasks, and Tickets, you have the option to respond to a specific user comment rather than the whole comment string (and all users). This can be helpful if you want to ask a question or follow up on that specific comment.
You are also able to manage your communication notifications so you only receive notifications when:
- someone responds to the main comment string
- someone responds to your comments in particular
- Within the communication, locate the comment you want to reply to.
- If the comment is collapsed, click the down arrow to expand it.
- Click the reply icon to the right of the comment.
- A reply window will open below it.
- The Recipient field will list the user who posted the comment you are responding to.
- Your response will appear as a "nested" comment underneath that comment.
Important: Keep in mind that:
- Other staff on the communication will still be able to see these internal strings.
- If a comment on the main comment string is collapsed, all nested comments under it will also be hidden.