Time Approval is a way for students to send time records to their field instructors/supervisors for review and approval. This article will show Field Instructors/Supervisors how to approve or return time records for a student. You can either watch the brief .gifs below, or go to the step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the page.
Click here to see this feature from the Student's view.
How do I APPROVE my students time records?
> A very short gif
How do I RETURN my students time records (and ask for changes)?
> Another very short gif
Step by step instructions
- From your homepage, select your supervisee's tile by clicking the Tasks button.
- When a student is asking you to approve their time, the task will read "Approve Time Records" and list how many the student has submitted for approval. There will also be a stopwatch icon next to the task.
- Click the View button to view the time records.
- A list of submitted time records will then appear. Click on the plus icon to the left to expand the record. Check the box on the far left for each time record you want to approve.
- The screen will update and show you all of the records that are waiting for your approval, for Once you have all the records you want selected, click the Approve or Return buttons at the bottom.
- To Approve all records:
- Click the Select all button in the upper left.
- Then click Approve at the bottom of the table.
- To Return a record:
- Select the specific record or records you want to return.
- Click Return at the bottom of the table.
- In the window that opens, enter the reason you are returning the time record.
- Click Submit.
- The student will receive a notification of your request. Once they make the necessary changes, they will resubmit the given lines for your approval.