When you create an assignment intended to be about a student or assignee to be completed by a site supervisor or field instructor, there are several parameters of who can view the assignment and when.
- IMPORTANT!: If the site supervisor also has a faculty role, they must make sure to complete the task/assignment in their Classroom|Supervision environment.
How the Assignment is Completed
- You, as the student, will need to start, or "kick off", the assignment. To do so you will need to open the assignment and click the Start button.
- The submission window will then appear. Select who completes the assignment from the first dropdown menu. This person's name will automatically fill a the signature line as well.
- You should only "ask" their site supervisor to start the form ONCE. The status of the assignment will not change from 'Not Started' to 'In Progress' until your site supervisor opens the task and starts the form.
- IMPORTANT!: If the form for the assignment is accessed in any other way than what is specified above, the form itself WILL NOT BE TIED TO THE ASSIGNMENT. This includes site supervisors with multiple roles starting the form on their own, students creating a version of the form outside of the assignment and sharing it with the site supervisor, or the PFMA creating a version of the form and sharing it with the site supervisor.
- Students will not be able to access or view the document until their site supervisor submits it to them. Until they do so, whenever the student tries to open the document, they will receive a message that they do not have permission to view said document.