Similar to your Assignments Grid, the new Placement Approval grid is a quick and easy way to see where your students are at in their site application process.
- This grid will be found in your Program Management | Supervision environment, and only if you have the Placement Approver role.
Navigating Your Placement Approval Grid
- Your Placement Approval grid can be found at the top left of your Supervision environment.
- To select a process to view, use the process filter on the far left of the filter menu.
- You can also filter your view of the selected process by class, student, or application status.
- The icon key at the bottom of the grid will tell you the status of each student's individual tasks that they must complete beofre being placed at the site and/or supervisor.
- The task names will be found in the far left column, with icons next to them indicating which sub-process they belong to:
- means that the task is part of the Existing Site or Site Supervisor sub-process. Existing sites and supervisors are sites and supervisors who are already in your school's Tevera.
- means that the task is part of the New Site or New Supervisor sub-process. This means that the site and/or supervisor that the student is applying to is not existing in your school's Tevera database, or isn't to associated to your placement process's assigned program.
- You will typically be able to view about 4 students at once on the placement approval gird. Be sure to note the slide bar that allows you to view all 4 students at once, and the page selectors, which allow you to toggle through all selected students in the process.
- Within the Placement Approval process, you now have the option to add pre-application tasks for students. These tasks are require a student to complete them before they may apply to a site and/or site superivsor. The pre-application tasks can also be found in the Placement Approval grid if they are part of the process.
Once a student has completed all required tasks, if you have final or step approval within your process, you will then be able to approve the site and supervisor for the student. Once this is done, both will appear in the student's Timesheet's environment, as well as submission options in Assignments.
To Give final approval, click on the Final Review or Review button within the grid.
When you click the button, a pop up will appearing, prompting your to select Approve or Not Approved for the student's placement at the Site and Supervisor. You will also be able to approve the site and site supervisor for your other programs within the pop-up as well.