Group tasks are a useful way to send faculty or site supervisors forms or tasks that they need to complete. Below are the steps showing you how to set up a group task.
How to Create a Group Task
Start in your Program Management Environment
- The first thing you will need to do is create a class or group with all faculty or site supervisors that you wish to complete the task. If you have already done so, skip down to step 8.
- In your Program Management | Staff & Students environment, select the Classes/Groups tab from the menu on the left.
- Click the plus icon to the upper right of the table.
- Name the new group 'Site Supervisors' or 'Program Faculty'.
- You can also assign the class to a specific program, and put an end date on the course.
- Click on the Staff & Students tab under the new course.
- Add the faculty or supervisors by clicking on the plus icon at the upper right corner of the table. Then click on the dropdown to select their names.
- Once you have all your users added, you are done creating the group.
- Open your Communication Hub by clicking on the envelope icon .
- Click on the Compose button and select Task.
- A new task template will then appear. Select the Site Supervisors or Field Instructors class that you previously created.
- Enter the subject of the task, and instructions for what the recipients need to do in the message field. Then click on the Attach a Document icon to the right.
- Also be sure to check the Send an individual task to each recipient box.
- A new dialogue box will appear for you to select the sent document's parameters.
- Typically, the document will be a new Staff/Student document containing a Form and which form you would like the recipient to complete.
- If you want to send an upload task to the group, either attach a document with an upload field, or add instructions in the task message for the recipient to upload their files to the attached form.
- Select who the attached form will be about. It will typically be [whoever receives this task]
- Once you have the document attached, click the Send button.
- The task will then send to the group(s) selected. The task will appear in the recipient's program tasks and in their communications hub.